OPEN HEAVEN RCCG DEVOTIONAL FOR SUNDAY 21 NOVEMBER
TOPIC: THE TONGUE IS A FIRE (Open Heaven Today 2021)
MEMORISE: “A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger.” – (Proverbs 15:1)
READ: James 3:1-10 (KJV)
1. My brethren, be not many masters, knowing that we shall receive the greater condemnation.
2. For in many things we offend all. If any man offend not in word, the same is a perfect man, and able also to bridle the whole body.
3. Behold, we put bits in the horses’ mouths, that they may obey us; and we turn about their whole body.
4. Behold also the ships, which though they be so great, and are driven of fierce winds, yet are they turned about with a very small helm, whithersoever the governor listeth.
5. Even so the tongue is a little member, and boasteth great things. Behold, how great a matter a little fire kindleth!
RCCG Open Heaven Today 21 November 2021 Sunday || The Tongue Is A Fire
6. And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity; so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body, and setteth on fire the course of nature; and it is set on fire of hell.
7. For every kind of beasts, and of birds, and of serpents, and of things in the sea, is tamed, and hath been tamed of mankind;
8. But the tongue can no man tame; it is an unruly evil, full of deadly poison.
9. Therewith bless we God, even the Father; and therewith curse we men, which are made after the similitude of God.
10. Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.
RCCG Open Heaven Today Devotional | MESSAGE:
Apostle James captures the extent to which the tongue can go in destroying a person’s destiny, in today’s Bible reading: And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body, and setteth on fire the course of nature; and it is set on fire of hell. – (James 3:6)
The tongue indeed is a fire, thus it must be controlled. Controlled fire can be used productively; however, uncontrolled fire destroys. The tongue is so complex that it could be likened to a fountain that produces cold and hot water at the same time. What can we now do to this thing that the Bible describes as “…an unruly evil, full of deadly poison?” (James 3:8). Since the Bible describes the tongue as poison the good news is that Jesus promised us that even if we drink a deadly thing, it shall by no means hurt us (Mark 16:18). Therefore, one can see that every problem of man ends at the cross of Jesus Christ.
RCCG Open Heaven Daily Devotional by Pastor E.A. Adeboye
The story was told of a woman who was having problems in her marriage. She consulted a wise old man in her family who gave her a small, smooth stone to slip into her mouth and lick, remaining silent, every time her husband picked a quarrel with her. She did this and before long, peace was restored to that home. She ran to the wise old man to show her gratitude for the effectiveness of the charm only to have him tell her that what he had given her was an ordinary stone. He had merely found a way to make her keep quiet rather than destroy her home with her mouth.
The Bible says: Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones. – (Proverbs 16:24). Choose to speak only words that edify and if you must correct someone, do it constructively and in love. All children of God must learn to control their tongues. As there is a time to talk, there is also a time to keep silent (Ecclesiastes 3:7). When we talk, our words must be fitly spoken (Proverbs 25:11) in due season (Proverbs 15:23).
PRAYER POINT: Help me Lord to bridle my tongue at all times, in the mighty name of Jesus.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Revelation 1-6
Open Heaven 2021 | HYMNAL:
HYMN 17 – WHAT A WONDERFUL, WONDERFUL DAY, DAY I WILL NEVER FORGET
1. What a wonderful, wonderful day,
Day I will never forget;
After I’d wandered in darkness away,
Jesus my Saviour I met.
O what a tender, compassionate friend,
He met the need of my heart;
Shadows dispelling, with joy I am telling,
He made all the darkness depart!
Heaven came down and glory fill my soul, (filled my soul)
When at the cross the Saviour made me whole; (made me whole)
My sins were washed away
And my night was tuned to day,
Heaven came down and glory filled my soul! (filled my soul)
2. Born of the Spirit with life from above
Into God’s family divine,
Justified fully thru Calvary’s love,
O what a standing is mine!
And the transaction so quickly was made
When as a sinner I came,
Took of the offer of grace He did proffer
He saved me, O praise His dear name!
3. Now I’ve a hope that will surely endure
After the passing of time;
I have a future in heaven for sure,
There in those mansions sublime.
And it’s because of that wonderful day,
When at the cross I believed;
Riches eternal and blessings supernal,
From His precious hand I received.
LATEST 2021 SERMONS
Download Soaking Worship Chants
Apostle JOSHUA SELMAN Sermons
Apostle Joshua Selman Sermons – [By Categories]
Apostle AROME OSAYI Sermons
Apostle MICHAEL OROKPO Sermons
Apostle Edu Udechukwu Messages
Pastor Jerry Eze Sermons
Joyce Meyer Sermons
Apostle JOHNSON SULEMAN Sermons
Apostle JONATHAN SHEKWONYA Sermons
Archbishop Arch Bishop Duncan Williams Sermons
Bishop DAVID OYEDEPO Sermons
Bishop OLUMIDE EMMANUEL Sermons
Bishop DAVID ABIOYE Sermons
Bro GBILE AKANNI Sermons
Dr PAUL ENENCHE Sermons
Dr D.K OLUKOYA Sermons
Dr. MYLES MUNROE Sermons
LAWRENCE OYOR Sermons
Pastor E.A ADEBOYE Sermons
Pastor DAVID IBIYEOMIE Sermons
Pastor DAVID OGBUELI Sermons
Pastor KINGSLEY OKONKWO Sermons
Pastor W.F KUMUYI Sermons
Pastor SAM ADEYEMI Sermons
Rev GIDEON ODOMA Sermons
Prophet Uebert Angel Sermons
Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo Sermons
Bishop TD Bishop Sermons
Kenneth Copeland Sermons
Prophet Emmanuel Makadiwa Sermons
Pastor Benny Hinn Sermons
Felix Adejumo Sermons
Archbishop Benson Idahosa Sermons
Archbishop Duncan Williams Sermons
Mensa Otabil Sermons