READ TODAY DCLM DAILY MANNA 7TH FEBRURY 2022
7TH FEBRAURY 2022 DCLM TODAY HERE
TOPIC: Path To True Fulfilment
TEXT: Neheniah 8:9-18(DCLM Daily Manna 7th February 2022)
9. And Nehemiah, which is the Tirshatha, and Ezra the priest the scribe, and the Levites that taught the people, said unto all the people, This day is holy unto the LORD your God; mourn not, nor weep. For all the people wept, when they heard the words of the law.
- Then he said unto them, Go your way, eat the fat, and drink the sweet, and send portions unto them for whom nothing is prepared; for this day is holy unto our Lord; neither be ye sorry; for the joy of the LORD is your strength.
- So the Levites stilled all the people, saying, Hold your peace, for the day is holy; neither be ye grieved.
- And all the people went their way to eat, and to drink, and to send portions, and to make great mirth, because they had understood the words that were declared unto them.
- And on the second day were gathered together the chief of the fathers of all the people, the priests, and the Levites, unto Ezra the scribe, even to understand the words of the law.
- And they found written in the law which the LORD had commanded by Moses, that the children of Israel should dwell in booths in the feast of the seventh month;
- And that they should publish and proclaim in all their cities, and in Jerusalem, saying, Go forth unto the mount, and fetch olive branches, and pine branches, and myrtle branches, and palm branches, and branches of thick trees, to make booths, as it is written.
- So the people went forth, and brought them, and made themselves booths, every one upon the roof of his house, and in their courts, and in the courts of the house of God, and in the street of the water gate, and in the street of the gate of Ephraim.
- And all the congregation of them that were come again out of the captivity made booths, and sat under the booths; for since the days of Jeshua the son of Nun unto that day had not the children of Israel done so. And there was very great gladness.
- Also day by day, from the first day unto the last day, he read in the book of the law of God. And they kept the feast seven days; and on the eighth day was a solemn assembly, according unto the manner.
KEY VERSE FOR TODAY
“And all the congregation of them that were come again out of the captivity made booths, and sat under the booths: for since the days of Jeshua the son of Nun unto that day had not the children of Israel done so. And there was very great gladness.” – (Nehemiah 8:17)
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
Purposeful walk makes success inevitable.
THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
MESSAGE FOR TODAY DCLM DAILY MANNA
One of the most difficult discoveries to make in life is our true selves. Some people have been applauded for discoveries they have made in time past, yet they remain ignorant of who they really are. Many people pass through this earth without actually discovering themselves. Someone remarks that the graveyard is littered with men who never bothered to empty themselves of their greatness before departing to the great beyond.
The children of Israel had been carrying on, ignorant of God’s expectation of them. They had not discovered themselves. But as soon as they saw what they were in His sight after listening to the law distinctly read out to them, they broke down in tears and serious agony. Nehemiah, Ezra, the Levites, the scribes and others who taught the people reassured them of God’s loving-kindness to forgive. They urged the people to rather rejoice, go home, cook, eat and make merry with their neighbours.
The chief of the fathers and other elders went back to Ezra for more understanding of the law. They found out they had been living in ignorance of the word of God. The Lord had commanded the children of Israel to dwell in booths in the feast of the seventh month. It was after they obeyed the commandment that they began to enjoy “great gladness”. Suddenly, the people who wept profusely on hearing the law of God broke into great joy, merriment and gladness.
It is a challenge to us to discover ourselves. Ask yourself, what is God’s purpose for my life? This discovery will usher in purposeful living, true and lasting joy.