Open Heaven Devotional RCCG | 5th January 2022 | How To Deal With Mountains 3
TOPIC: How To Deal With Mountains 3
“So the people shouted when the priests blew with the trumpets: and it came to pass, when the people heard the sound of the trumpet, and the people shouted with a great shout, that the wall fell down flat, so that the people went up into the city, every man straight before him, and they took the city.” – (Joshua 6:20)
READ: Joshua 6:1-20 (KJV)
1. Now Jericho was straitly shut up because of the children of Israel; none went out, and none came in.
- And the LORD said unto Joshua, See, I have given into thine hand Jericho, and the king thereof, and the mighty men of valour.
- And ye shall compass the city, all ye men of war, and go round about the city once. Thus shalt thou do six days.
- And seven priests shall bear before the ark seven trumpets of rams’ horns; and the seventh day ye shall compass the city seven times, and the priests shall blow with the trumpets.
- And it shall come to pass, that when they make a long blast with the ram’s horn, and when ye hear the sound of the trumpet, all the people shall shout with a great shout; and the wall of the city shall fall down flat, and the people shall ascend up every man straight before him.
- And Joshua the son of Nun called the priests, and said unto them, Take up the ark of the covenant, and let seven priests bear seven trumpets of rams’ horns before the ark of the LORD.
- And he said unto the people, Pass on, and compass the city, and let him that is armed pass on before the ark of the LORD.
- And it came to pass, when Joshua had spoken unto the people, that the seven priests bearing the seven trumpets of rams’ horns passed on before the LORD, and blew with the trumpets; and the ark of the covenant of the LORD followed them.
- And the armed men went before the priests that blew with the trumpets, and the rereward came after the ark, the priests going on, and blowing with the trumpets.
- And Joshua had commanded the people, saying, Ye shall not shout, nor make any noise with your voice, neither shall any word proceed out of your mouth, until the day I bid you shout; then shall ye shout.
- So the ark of the LORD compassed the city, going about it once; and they came into the camp, and lodged in the camp.
- And Joshua rose early in the morning, and the priests took up the ark of the LORD.
- And seven priests bearing seven trumpets of rams’ horns before the ark of the LORD went on continually, and blew with the trumpets; and the armed men went before them; but the reward came after the ark of the LORD, the priests going on, and blowing with the trumpets.
- And the second day they compassed the city once, and returned into the camp; so they did six days.
- And it came to pass on the seventh day, that they rose early about the dawning of the day, and compassed the city after the same manner seven times; only on that day they compassed the city seven times.
- And it came to pass at the seventh time, when the priests blew with the trumpets, Joshua said unto the people, Shout; for the LORD hath given you the city.
- And the city shall be accursed, even it, and all that are therein, to the LORD; only Rahab the harlot shall live, she and all that are with her in the house, because she hid the messengers that we sent.
- And ye, in any wise keep yourselves from the accursed thing, lest ye make yourselves accursed, when ye take of the accursed thing, and make the camp of Israel a curse, and trouble it.
- But all the silver, and gold, and vessels of brass and iron, are consecrated unto the LORD; they shall come into the treasury of the LORD.
- So the people shouted when the priests blew with the trumpets; and it came to pass, when the people heard the sound of the trumpet, and the people shouted with a great shout, that the wall fell down flat, so that the people went up into the city, every man straight before him, and they took the city.
Open Heaven Devotional RCCG | 5th January 2022 | How To Deal With Mountains 3 Sermon
Today, we shall continue our discussion on how to deal with mountains which symbolize the challenges we face in life. Briefly, we shall consider three other ways. One, we can deal with mountains by blowing them away, as we see in our Bible text of today. The Bible says that Jericho, which was the bypass for the children of Israel to the promised land, was shut against them, thus hindering their march to their destiny. The wall of Jericho was so thick that houses were built on it, hence it was a great mountain before the children of Israel. The only option was to blow off the walls. This, however, required divine intervention. After the children of Israel had done what the Lord commanded them to, the wall of the city was blown off and they had free entry into the city of Jericho.
So the people shouted when the priests blew with the trumpets: and it came to pass, when the people heard the sound of the trumpet, and the people shouted with a great shout, that the wall fell down flat, so that the people went up into the city, every man straight before him, and they took the city. – (Joshua 6:20)
In the above Scripture, we can see that obedience on the part of the people blew off the mountain in their path. Another way of dealing with a mountain is by living on it. This means living above principalities and powers as in the case of Prophet Elisha in (2 Kings 4:18-37). Mountain dwellers are mountain movers. In addition, we can fly over the mountains. Isaiah 40:31 says we will mount up with wings as eagles when we wait upon the Lord. I have taught in many places that the correct way to wait upon God is through high praises, worship and adoration. When we do this, our strength shall be renewed, and the enemies shall never defeat us, neither shall we be weary in the journey of life.
You want to conquer the mountains hindering your progress in life? Wait upon the Lord in praises, worship and thanksgiving unto His holy name.
Father, please teach me how to deal with the mountains of my life. Make me victorious, oh Lord.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
RCCG Open Heaven 5th January 2022 HYMNAL:
HYMN 16 – O GOD, OUR HELP IN AGES PAST
- O God, our help in ages past,
Our hope for years to come,
Our shelter from the stormy blast,
And our eternal home.
- Under the shadow of Your throne
Your saints have dwelt secure;
Sufficient is Your arm alone,
And our defence is sure.
- Before the hills in order stood,
Or earth received her frame,
From everlasting You are God,
To endless years the same.
- A thousand ages in Your sight
Are like an evening gone;
Short as the watch that ends the night
Before the rising sun.
- The busy tribes of flesh and blood,
With all their lives and cares,
Are carried downward by your flood,
And lost in foll’wing years.
- Time, like an ever-rolling stream,
Bears all its sons away;
They fly forgotten, as a dream
Dies at the opening day.
- O God, our help in ages past,
Our hope for years to come:
Be Thou our guard while troubles last,
And our eternal home.