MFM Daily Devotional Today || 8th January 2022 – Cling To God’s Word
TOPIC: Cling To God’s Word
MEMORY VERSE: Psalm 119:72 – The law of thy mouth is better unto me than thousands of gold and silver.
MOTIVATIONAL QUOTES: The Word of God ia a lamp by night, a light by day, and a delight at all times
PROPHETIC WORD FOR TODAY: I decree that this year, the power of God’s word will transform your life and make you a living testimony of His goodness in the name of Jesus.
FIRE SCRIPTURE: Psalm 19:1-14
PRAISE & WORSHIP
MFM Daily Devotional Today || Cling To God’s Word Message
Beloved, do you want this year (2022) to be greater and more fulfiling for you than the ones gone by? The way to achieve that desire is to cling to God’s word. The word “cling” means to hold on to something or someone very tightly. As humans, we tend to hold things that are precious and valuable to us very tenaciously. The reason is that we do not want to lose such things and the benefits we derive from them. The Bible lends credence to the excellency of God’s word.
The word of God is sharper and more powerful than any two-edged sword (Hebrews 4:12). It is more precious than gold and sweeter than honey and the honey comb (Psalm 119:72; Psalm
19:10). It is more important than our physical food (Job 23:12). One of the best decisions you can
make this year is to regard God’s word more precious to you than television, social media,
football, and any other thing you are wrongly yoked with or addicted to. If you do this, your life
will take a glorious turn.
The truth is that your entire life depends on God’s word. It has all the answers to your questions and the solutions to your problems. It is God’s special provision for reigning in life. Fill and surround you life with God’s word. Make time for studying it and for praying, day and night, in your daily schedule (Joshua 1:8). Don’t ever let anything distract or cut you off from God’s word. No matter the season of life you find yourself, cling to God’s word. No matter the storm or challenge you are faced with, stay in it; depend absolutely on it. Don’t seek any shortcut or any evil alternative. God is faithful!
In God’s inspired, living and incomparable word, everything you need is available: salvation, healing, deliverance, breakthrough and prosperity, a godly spouse, fruit of the womb, ministerial breakthrough, victory over your foes, promotion, progress and all-round fulfilment. This year, l advise you to heed the admonition of Apostle James, “.. he who looks into the perfect law of liberty and continues in it, and is not a forgetful hearer but a doer of the word, this one will be blessed in what he does” (James 1:25). God bless you immensely as you do the needful in, Jesus’ name.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Genesis 17-18; Matthew 6:25-34, 7:1-23; Proverbs 1:8-19
MFM Daily Devotional 8 January 2022 PRAYER POINTS
1. Father, this yea, help me to cling to Your word and esteem it more than my
necessary food, in the name of Jesus.
2. Father, give me the grace to value Your word more than gold, silver and the
ephemeral treasures of life, in the name of Jesus.
3. My Father, deliver me from anything that is preventing me from studying and clinging to Your word, in the name of Jesus.
4. Father, give me the grace to look into Your word and continue in it with faith and obedience, in the name of Jesus.
5. Powers assigned to deny me the blessings of God’s word this year, you are liars, die, in the name of Jesus.
6. Father, I declare that Your word is my weapon and it is more powerful than any challenge that the enemy can bring my way, in the name of Jesus.
7. Father, I declare that, this year, Your word will have pre-eminence in my life, in the name of Jesus.