DCLM Daily Manna Devotional Today 21st December 2021
Topic: “Everlasting Righteousness“
TEXT: Psalm 119:137-144
137. Righteous art thou, O LORD, and upright are thy judgments.
138. Thy testimonies that thou hast commanded are righteous and very faithful.
139. My zeal hath consumed me, because mine enemies have forgotten thy words.
140. Thy word is very pure; therefore thy servant loveth it.
141. I am small and despised; yet do not I forget thy precepts.
142. Thy righteousness is an everlasting righteousness, and thy law is the truth.
143. Trouble and anguish have taken hold on me; yet thy commandments are my delights.
144. The righteousness of thy testimonies is everlasting; give me understanding, and I shall live.
Key Verse: Psalm 119:142
“Thy righteousness is an everlasting righteousness, and thy law is the truth.”
From the perspectives of the Scriptures, what exalts a nation is righteousness. Not even prayers or many men of God with big titles and offices. We are quick to bring everyone together under a common umbrella to pray and intercede for our nations. Recently, online prayer chains has become a platform for Christians to come together to pray for one thing or the other without much emphasis on righteousness.
The psalmist in our text highlighted the uprightness of God’s judgment. He is described as a faithful God whose commandments are righteous and not grievous. The entire passage is dedicated to the purity and truth of God’s Word, with every verse highlighting the importance and usefulness of Scriptures. The concluding part talked about God Himself because you cannot separate Him from His words. His righteousness is said to be everlasting and His commandments very delightful.
The natural man has tried and failed many times to establish his own righteousness outside of the righteousness that comes from God. We cannot become better men by imbibing teachings of religion. If man can be saved through the practice of religion, Christ would not have died on the cross to secure man’s salvation.
All have sinned and come short of the glory of God. The only way, truth and fountain of life open for the salvation of mankind is Jesus, the Son of God.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
Man’s righteousness is like a filthy rag before God.
THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: