DCLM DAILY MANNA DEVOTIONAL SATURDAY 25TH DECEMBER 2021 – BORN A KING
Daily Manna devotional by Pastor Kumuyi of the Deeper Christian Life Ministry for today is here. Digest the word of the lord and pray believing.
DEEPER LIFE DAILY MANNA DEVOTIONAL FOR TODAY 25TH DECEMBER 2021
The Topic of Deeper Life Daily Manna Devotional for 25th December 2021 Is “ Born A King“
TEXT: Matthew 2:1-13
1. Now when Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judaea in the days of Herod the king, behold, there came wise men from the east to Jerusalem,
2. Saying, Where is he that is born King of the Jews? for we have seen his star in the east, and are come to worship him.
3. When Herod the king had heard these things, he was troubled, and all Jerusalem with him.
4. And when he had gathered all the chief priests and scribes of the people together, he demanded of them where Christ should be born.
5. And they said unto him, In Bethlehem of Judaea; for thus it is written by the prophet,
DCLM DAILY MANNA DEVOTIONAL FOR 25TH DECEMBER 2021 SATURDAY || BORN A KING
6. And thou Bethlehem, in the land of Juda, art not the least among the princes of Juda; for out of thee shall come a Governor, that shall rule my people Israel.
7. Then Herod, when he had privily called the wise men, enquired of them diligently what time the star appeared.
8. And he sent them to Bethlehem, and said, Go and search diligently for the young child; and when ye have found him, bring me word again, that I may come and worship him also.
9. When they had heard the king, they departed; and, lo, the star, which they saw in the east, went before them, till it came and stood over where the young child was.
10. When they saw the star, they rejoiced with exceeding great joy.
DCLM DAILY MANNA DEVOTIONAL | FOR TODAY 25TH DECEMBER 2021 SATURDAY
11. And when they were come into the house, they saw the young child with Mary his mother, and fell down, and worshipped him; and when they had opened their treasures, they presented unto him gifts; gold, and frankincense, and myrrh.
12. And being warned of God in a dream that they should not return to Herod, they departed into their own country another way.
13. And when they were departed, behold, the angel of the Lord appeareth to Joseph in a dream, saying, Arise, and take the young child and his mother, and flee into Egypt, and be thou there until I bring thee word; for Herod will seek the young child to destroy him.
Key Verse: Matthew 2:2
“Saying, Where is he that is born King of the Jews? for we have seen his star in the east, and are come to worship him.”
DAILY MANNA DEVOTIONAL FOR TODAY 25 DECEMBER 2021 BY PASTOR KUMUYI
In 1919, a 14-year-old teenage Arab prince was dispatched from the deserts of Arabia to London by his warrior father on a high diplomatic mission to secure the formation of his country. The task involved high-level negotiations with prominent individuals and making of friends with influential politicians to guide him through the corridors of power.
In like manner, Christ was sent from heaven to the earth to secure the formation of God’s kingdom in our hearts. His tasks entailed confronting the religious powers of His days and raising an army among common men to walk through the corridors of influential men to establish His Church. His birth was heralded with a bold banner headline news in Palestine – Born a King. This piece of news caused different reactions. The Wise Men from the Far East were expectant and excited. They travelled hundreds of miles to see the King of the Jews. When they finally found Him, they responded with joy, worship and gifts. Herod and the people of Jerusalem were troubled, suspicious that someone would come and overthrow him. Therefore, he plotted the death of Christ. Most Jews expected the Messiah to be a great military and political deliverer in Bethlehem. But, when He was born, these same religious leaders became His avowed enemies while angels celebrated.
DAILY MANNA DEVOTIONAL FOR DECEMBER 25, 2021
This was no ordinary birth. Jesus was born a King. His birth was to establish the kingdom of God on earth. The wise men from faraway lands recognized Him as the King and Messiah but most people in Israel did not. They came to look for Jesus. Today, people expect God to be looking for them. But those who are wise still seek Jesus today!
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
Wise men still seek Jesus today.
THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: