DCLM DAILY MANNA DAILY DEVOTIONAL NOVEMBER 1, 2O21 (GO BEYOND HEARING)
TOPIC: Go Beyond Hearing“
TEXT: Exodus 24:1-11
1. And he said unto Moses, Come up unto the LORD, thou, and Aaron, Nadab, and Abihu, and seventy of the elders of Israel; and worship ye afar off.
Free Gospel Songs Download
2. And Moses alone shall come near the LORD; but they shall not come nigh; neither shall the people go up with him.
3. And Moses came and told the people all the words of the LORD, and all the judgments; and all the people answered with one voice, and said, All the words which the LORD hath said will we do.
4. And Moses wrote all the words of the LORD, and rose up early in the morning, and builded an altar under the hill, and twelve pillars, according to the twelve tribes of Israel.
5. And he sent young men of the children of Israel, which offered burnt offerings, and sacrificed peace offerings of oxen unto the LORD.
6. And Moses took half of the blood, and put it in basons; and half of the blood he sprinkled on the altar.
7. And he took the book of the covenant, and read in the audience of the people; and they said, All that the LORD hath said will we do, and be obedient.
8. And Moses took the blood, and sprinkled it on the people, and said, Behold the blood of the covenant, which the LORD hath made with you concerning all these words.
9. Then went up Moses, and Aaron, Nadab, and Abihu, and seventy of the elders of Israel;
Truth of God’s word
10. And they saw the God of Israel; and there was under his feet as it were a paved work of a sapphire stone, and as it were the body of heaven in his clearness.
11. And upon the nobles of the children of Israel he laid not his hand; also they saw God, and did eat and drink.
Key Verse: Exodus 24:7
“And he took the book of the covenant, and read in the audience of the people: and they said, All that the LORD hath said will we do, and be obedient.”
In His characteristic way of driving home His teaching, our Lord relates the story of two men and their father who wanted them to work in his vineyard. He asked the first son to proceed to the field for the job. After telling his father earlier that he would not go, he repented and went. The second son appeared to have gladdened the old man’s heart when he initially said he would go to the field.
But eventually he did not. Nearly one thousand five hundred years before the time of our Lord Jesus Christ, a similar test came upon the children of Israel as they regained freedom from Egyptian captivity and headed for the Promised Land.
Moses received the law of God that the people are required to know while relating with Him and to one another. They needed these instructions to guide them in staying away from sin. It represented a covenant that would separate them from their old ways.
The Israelites repeatedly said they would obey the laws of God. The challenge is not only to read the word of God or to say you accept the law and will abide by it. It is also not to tell your pastor that you will do according to all the commandments of the Lord. It goes beyond heeding the altar call after the evangelist’s message. We pass the test only at the point where we are doers of the Word. To please the Lord, we must go beyond the levels of hearing and reading His Word.
The commandments are given to be obeyed, principally. The born-again child of God feeds and grows on the totality of the word of God. He must hear, read and above all, obey it indiscriminately. Obedience to the Word is proof that we are true children of God.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: The Lord honours true portrayers of His word, not mere professors.
THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Jeremiah 31-32
Daily Manna is the daily devotional of the Deeper Christian Life Bible Ministry (DCLM). It is an extraction of God’s Word designed to draw the sincere seeker closer to God on a daily basis through an insightful exposition and analysis of God’s Word. Read More…
LATEST 2021 SERMONS
Download Soaking Worship Chants
Apostle JOSHUA SELMAN Sermons
Apostle Joshua Selman Sermons – [By Categories]
Apostle AROME OSAYI Sermons
Apostle MICHAEL OROKPO Sermons
Apostle Edu Udechukwu Messages
Pastor Jerry Eze Sermons
Joyce Meyer Sermons
Apostle JOHNSON SULEMAN Sermons
Apostle JONATHAN SHEKWONYA Sermons
Archbishop Arch Bishop Duncan Williams Sermons
Bishop DAVID OYEDEPO Sermons
Bishop OLUMIDE EMMANUEL Sermons
Bishop DAVID ABIOYE Sermons
Bro GBILE AKANNI Sermons
Dr PAUL ENENCHE Sermons
Dr D.K OLUKOYA Sermons
Dr. MYLES MUNROE Sermons
LAWRENCE OYOR Sermons
Pastor E.A ADEBOYE Sermons
Pastor DAVID IBIYEOMIE Sermons
Pastor DAVID OGBUELI Sermons
Pastor KINGSLEY OKONKWO Sermons
Pastor W.F KUMUYI Sermons
Pastor SAM ADEYEMI Sermons
Rev GIDEON ODOMA Sermons
Prophet Uebert Angel Sermons
Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo Sermons
Bishop TD Bishop Sermons
Kenneth Copeland Sermons
Prophet Emmanuel Makadiwa Sermons
Pastor Benny Hinn Sermons
Felix Adejumo Sermons
Archbishop Benson Idahosa Sermons
Archbishop Duncan Williams Sermons
Mensa Otabil Sermons